Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embroidery hoop wall art


The hoops I ordered off ebay. I had bought 6 or 7 from Michaels, then decided I needed more :)
I didn't use the biggest ones, but I'll find a use for them.

The PBK curtain panel I found for cheap on ebay. Very pretty, but not long enough for the window in LMS's room.

A butterfly all cut out and glued into a hoop.

The backside: I used small amounts of hot glue to hold the fabric to the inside of the hoops. This went better than I thought: I did around 20 of these, but didn't get any bad burns. Since I'm a klutz, that's saying something.

Some of the finished hoops, stacked and waiting to be hung. I just hammered a nail in between the metal adjusting thingy and the hoop, and they stay up nice and easy.

My favorite hoops are the two with the flowers. After I stretched and glued the fabric, I hot glued the flowers to the fabric. I love how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment