Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Laundry Basket Dresser

Yes, I've joined the laundry basket dresser craze. I saw this on ana-white.com quite some time ago, but I knew the only space I had for it was here:


It's a narrow space, so I'd have to have the bins go in from the side, instead of the front.
When I was working on the laundry room, I painted the corner so it would be ready for the shelves.

I built two shelves, with the intent of stacking them on top of each other. The top shelf didn't have a bottom, since I had to work around that pipe. I thought there would be space to get laundry bins in and out, so I added supports on the sides, but the breaker box is in the way, so no bins in the top. The breaker box also meant I had to do some fancy maneuvering to get the shelves in: first the top one in and up, and the bottom one in underneath, but on top of the base. Yeah, it was a workout.


Because of the pipe, I left the back open so I wouldn't have to work around that as well.

The shelf where the pipe is is a great place for detergent, spray and wash, fabric softener, etc.

I built a base under the shelf to lift the shelf above the pipe running a few inches above the floor.


I found different colored bins at wally world that are just the right size for the space.
I used my Silhouette to make labels for the bins.


You can't see much from the door, but here it is. I've got some giant ziploc bags of stuff stored in the upper shelves since I wasn't able to fit the laundry bins in them.
I love how functional it is, and it is so nice not to be tripping over laundry baskets stacked on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment