Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weathered clock



I bought this metal clock from wallyworld a year or so ago with the intent of putting it on a wood backing. I had the wood, I just never quite got around to putting it all together till recently.
I didn't take pics of the process, but it's pretty easy. I measured the width of the wood and clock to determine how many pieces I needed, then cut them all to length. I glued and screwed the pieces to two cross pieces on the back. I also screwed a wire hanger to one of the cross pieces.
I scavanged the wood from my parents' yard before we moved. My dad had some random pieces of wood in a pile, and since they were nicely weathered and I knew I could use them for something, I grabbed several pieces and put them on the moving truck.


I love the weathered edges of the wood!
(ignore the paint swatch- I'll eventually get the walls painted)


I need to recover the gold chair in the right corner of the pic, but I haven't been able to decide on a fabric yet. I'll paint the walls first, then make a decision.
Overall, I really like how this end of the room is coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment