Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patrick's decorations


I don't do much holiday decorating, but I'm slowly building up my collection of things for the different holidays/seasons.

I saw this idea here and really liked it. I was going to follow her lead and paint the bottles shades of green, but I realized that by painting the bottles white and changing out the flowers periodically it would last through several holidays. We don't go through a lot of bottles in our house, so not having to find new bottles every time I wanted to change things up is a good thing.

Coconut aminos- pulled from the recycle bin
Mexican apple soda- bought at Kroger
fancy bottled water- bought at Kroger
Thai sweet chili sauce- had to empty contents into an old coconut oil jar
rice vinegar- pulled from the recycle bin

Green for St. Paddy's

Pastel for Easter/Spring
I picked up the flower for half off at Michaels, so they were $1 each. I love how bright and cheerful they are.

Some other combos I might do:
Bright colors for summer
Yellow sunflowers for fall
Red for Christmas
Red, white, and pink for Valentine's

No comments:

Post a Comment